Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Molecular mechanisms of intrinsic multi-drug antibiotic resistance
- Biogenesis of the Gram-negative bacterial outer membrane, especially lipopolysaccharide and cell wall peptidoglycan
- Cellular microbiology of opportunistic Gram-negative bacterial pathogens in phagocytic cells.
Public outreach & key achievements
- Postgraduate Supervisory Excellence Award, The Graduate School, Queen's University Belfast, 2017
- Outreach: Oct 6, 2017, "Supervisor-student relationships and conflict resolution", The Graduate School PGR Induction Programme, Queen's University Belfast.
|PhD Title||Inflammation mechanisms associated to Type VI secretion in Burkholderia cenocepacia|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||Functional characterization of the WecA protein|
|Current Position||Professor, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, United States|
|PhD Title||In vivo survival genes of Burkholderia cenocepacia K56|
|Current Position||Associate Professor and Vice Chair at Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Detroit, United States|
- Institute for Health Sciences