multidisciplinary research and education that impact on lives today and will shape our future.
The 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF) results recognised the quality and impact of Queen’s University’s Engineering research to which the School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science made a major contribution. In this return, over 95% of our research was rated as either ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’. While increasing the number of research outputs, the quality has also increased. As evidence of the School’s impact, it contributed 6 out of the 9 impact case studies, of which 95% of the total was rated as either ‘world leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’.
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences comprises 6 schools:
- School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mathematics and Physics
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- School of Natural and Built Environment
- School of Psychology