Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Receptor signalling
- Membrane trafficking
- Inter-organelle interactions
Her lab uses cell biological assays, protein biochemistry, and imaging techniques to investigate mechanisms of receptor endocytosis, signalling and membrane trafficking.
Public outreach & key achievements
- Awarded a PhD in Neuroscience from Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2006
- Completed post-doctoral training in Dr. Harvey McMahon’s group at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge, UK (2007 to 2014 )
- Funded by an EMBO fellowship and a MRC Career Development Fellowship.
- Appointed as a Lecturer at Queen’s University Belfast (2014) where she has set up he first independent research group.
- Published in high impact journals such as Cell, Science and PNAS.
|PhD Title||The role of the ubiquitin E3 ligase Itch in receptor endocytosis and cell signalling|
|Years of study||2015-2018|
- School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences