Open to PhD applications in the field of
- Vascular stem cell biology
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Diabetic vascular complications
- Cellular senescence
Current Research Opportunities
Public outreach & key achievements
- 2011 Royal College of Ophthalmologists Research Award
- 2013 Diabetes UK Research Roadmap Project invited participant organised by JDRF and Novo Nordisk. Report was presented to the UK House of Commons.
- 2016 Academic Scholar Award from Okayama University, Japan.
- 2016 Organiser of UNISTEM Belfast at W5 (European Stem Cell awareness day)
- 2017 Publons Peer Review Award (top 1%).
- 2017 organiser of the Barcroft Lecture at QUB awarded to Prof Sir Ian Wilmut
|PhD Title||Premature vascular senescence during diabetic retinopathy|
|PhD Title||Endothelial progenitor cell dysfunction induced by diabetic conditions|
Alumni: Where are they now
|PhD Title||Analysis of the vasoreparative and anti-inflammatory potential of circulating angiogenic cells|
|Current Position||Postdoctoral fellow at QUB-CEM|