Supporting Transgender People in Healthcare - Virtual Training Sessions for QUB Staff and Students
Our colleagues in the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences collaborated with the School of Nursing and Midwifery to organise three training sessions for QUB Staff and Students. This training was provided by Transgender NI.
The School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences and School of Nursing and Midwifery collaborated to offer QUB Staff and Students the opportunity to learn about language, healthcare issues, and good practice for inclusion for transgender children, young people and adults in health and social care.
Three virtual training sessions were delivered by Transgender NI which discussed:
- Using the right language
- Cultural competency
- The demographics and experiences of the community
- Common problems faced in Northern Ireland
- The legislation and regulations affecting the community
- How to best support trans communities
- Resources for supporting trans people
- 7 September 2020 (For QUB Staff)
- 8 September 2020 (For QUB Students)
- 9 September 2020 (For QUB Staff and Students)
Useful resources and publications can be found at Transgender NI - Resources
TransgenderNI is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee registered in Northern Ireland. Registered address: Belfast Trans Resource Centre, 98 University Street, Belfast, BT7 1HE. Company number: NI655557