Developing resilience: for those working in a research environment
- Audience: Postdocs and research staff at Queen's
- Date and time: 3 Nov 2021 (13:30 - 16:30) or 4 May 2022 (9:30 - 12:30)
- Length: 3 h
- Place: Online
- Organised by: Organisational Development (email@example.com; view on the organiser's page)
Resilience is how you ‘bounce back’ from a difficult situation. The outcome will contribute to you being more consistently productive by better maintenance of your wellbeing through difficult times in your research career.
The course aims to help you:
- Take the time to reflect on your current levels of well-being using the five ‘Resilience in Research’ themes
- Explore mechanisms to manage in today’s dynamic research environment
- Develop a plan to take one small realistic step to improve your resilience
Registration for this course is done on iTrent. Open iTrent and search using the course's name.
Dr Caroline Broad
Caroline is committed to supporting the wellbeing of researchers, because she knows that when you feel good, you work well. Caroline's mantra is that the road to discovery is as valuable as the destination.
In her commitment to having wellbeing at the centre of all her workshops, she is certified as a mental health first aider and is about to embark on an Msc in wellbeing and mental health. She runs a 'Regaining your mojo' programme and volunteers with Action for Happiness, delivering an 'Exploring what matters' course and running a local Happy Cafe.
Caroline has gained her twenty years’ experience facilitating teams and delivering skills training whilst working across sectors including hi-tech, bioscience and educational charity. She has supported researchers skills development full time for the last ten years as director of Broad Associates Ltd. Caroline is a certified practioner in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and Belbin Team Roles, is a Co-active coach and Resilience Leader Elements accredited.
Rating (out of 5): Not available
Recommended by: Not available
Number of feedback provided: Not available
Quote: Not available