Developing your research career
- Audience: Postdocs and research staff at Queen's
- Date and time: This is a four parts programme (Part 1: 15 October 2021, 09:00 - 13:00; Part 2: 22 October 2021, 09:00 - 12:30; Part 3: 29 October 2021, 09:00 - 12:30; Part 4: TBD in November 2021)
- Length: 4 + 3.5 +3.5 +1 h (participants need to attend ALL sessions)
- Place: Online
- Organised by: Organisational Development (firstname.lastname@example.org; view on the organiser's page)
This 4 parts programme provides researchers with time and space to focus on their career development.
It will enable you to develop a deeper understanding of the potential for career planning and aims to support researchers in looking at their interests and abilities, their career objectives and to develop career management strategies that work for them. The programme includes a personally tailored career consultation for those who effectively complete the first three workshops.
- Workshop 1. Developing your Research Career
- Workshop 2. Career Management 1: Developing your CV for Researchers
- Workshop 3. Career Management 2: Preparing for Interviews for Researchers
- Part 4: Individual Career Consultation
The course aims to assist you with:
- Identifying your career objectives
- Considering your career options
- Identifying your transferable skills
- Establishing how work fits into the rest of your life
- Developing your CV
- Preparing for interviews
- Career decision making
Registration for this course is done on iTrent. Open iTrent and search using the course's name. Participants only register for the first workshop on the system and are automatically signed-up for the entire programme.
Janet is a Programme Director and Lecturer MSc in Career Coaching in Birkbeck College, University of London, with 20 years experience specializing in career coaching in corporate, higher education, public and third sector. She is especially interested in the career development of Researchers and linking theory and practice to support Researchers to navigate their careers.
Janet is a qualified supervisor of teams of consultants and career coaches in the UK, Germany and Ireland in OD and Career Consultancies, Pharmaceuticals, Business schools and Higher Education. She trains career coaches and designs Career and Professional Development programmes and supervision for coaching professionals.
She also is an occupational Psychologist (MSc) and counsellor (MBACP) as well as a NICEC Fellow.
Mike is a Lecturer MSc in Career Coaching at Birkbeck College, University of London, with 15 years’ experience specializing in career coaching in outplacement, private practice and the higher education sector.
Hi is and associate Career Coach at LSE Department of Management and designs and delivers skills seminars on topics ranging from best practice CVs through interview and networking skills to career exploration and planning.
Mike also is a Lecturer MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy in the University of East London and a counsellor (MBACP).
Rating (out of 5): Not available
Recommended by: Not available
Number of feedback provided: Not available
Quote: Not available