Writing for publication
- Audience: Postdocs and research staff at Queen's
- Date and time: 27 Sep 2021 (10:00 - 16:00) or 7 Dec 2021 (10:00 - 16:00)
- Length: 6 h
- Place: Online
- Organised by: Organisational Development (email@example.com; view on the organiser's page)
Based on practical activities the workshop aims to provide structure, advice and motivation through writing a paper for publication. The workshop takes an intensive but intellectually supportive approach, drawing on research into academic writing, evidenced in the education, sociology and linguistic literature. In addition, participants will learn more about the process of research writing.
This is a workshop style event, requiring participants to work individually and in small groups, as well as to occasionally contribute to whole group discussions. The workshop is interactive and based on experiential and reflective learning models. The content is evidence based, drawing on linguistics, sociology and education research in to research writing. All activities are practical and directly relevant to writing a research paper.
Depending on what participants wish to focus on the workshop will cover:
- Targeting a journal
- Planning and editing techniques
- Understanding the writing process
- Breaking down the structure of papers to generate writing goals
- Overcoming the difficulties in writing research
- Techniques for being an effective writer
Registration for this course is done on iTrent. Open iTrent and search using the course's name.
Rating (out of 5): Not available
Recommended by: Not available
Number of feedback provided: Not available
Quote: Not available