MBAMasters of Business Administration
The MBA is a career development programme for students with relevant postgraduate work experience. Students develop strategic management and leadership expertise, based on experiential and practical learning. Personal development, business ethics and sustainability, and international business practice form core aspects. Partners from leading business, public sector and non-profit organisations provide Distinguished Leadership talks, company projects and individual mentoring to our MBA students. Students choose a specialism in Business Analytics, or Business Planning and Social Innovation. A week long study visit to the USA, and an off-campus residential trip focused on team building and personal development contribute to this intensive journey of personal and professional development.
In a typical week for a full-time student, you will have between 12-20 contact hours of teaching. Part-time students will have between 8-12 hours.
MBA Scholarship Information
Queen’s Management School is pleased to announce a number of MBA scholarships for September 2019. MBA are offering 3 Scholarships of £5,000, 4 Scholarships of £2,500 and 5 Scholarships of £1,000. To be eligible for these scholarships, a student must:
- Satisfy the eligibility conditions for the specific scholarship and the terms and conditions
- Have received an offer from Queen’s Management School on the MBA programme
- Be a self-funding student; and
- Submit an MBA Scholarship application form by 30th June 2019.
- Entry requirements
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in any discipline. All applicants will normally have a minimum of 5 years’ full-time, post-graduation employment experience, preferably in a management capacity. In certain circumstances 3 years’ experience may be considered. Applicants must provide a full and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae together with a detailed personal statement as part of the application process. Eligible applicants will be interviewed.
- English language requirements
- An IELTS* score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each test component. *Taken within the last 2 years.
- Tuition fees
- £22,000 / ¥200,179
- Developing as a Manager and Leader A (Core)
- Making Sense of a Complex World (Core): Subjects: Economic Environment/
- Rethinking Capitalism
- Making Decisions 1 (Core): Subjects: Operations Management/ Entrepreneurship
- Developing as a Manager and Leader B (Core)
- Making Decisions 2 (Core): Subjects: Marketing/Accounting and Financial Management for Decision Makers
- Organising and Implementing (Core): Subjects: Strategic Management/Leadership, Change and Organisation
- Integrating Knowledge 1 (Core): Choose one elective (Social Innovation and Business Planning OR Business Analytics) / International Study Tour. The International Study Tour will incorporate both electives with visits and activities selected as appropriate. Students will be assessed on their study tour learning as part of the assessments within their chosen elective.
- Integrating Knowledge 2 (Core): MBA Project
A combination of written examinations, continuous assessment and a dissertation thesis based on a three month consultancy research project. Continuous assessment methods include: individual and group essays, reflective essays on problem solving within professional experience, case study reports, presentations and assessed consulting challenges incorporating ‘board level’ presentations.
We are globally ranked
Dubbed Ireland’s Oxbridge, Queen’s is the UK’s ninth oldest university and forms part of the elite Russell Group – the UK’s Ivy League. We are ranked 180 in the world (QS World University Rankings 2019).
Our innovative teaching
Our MBA offers an innovative teaching style in line with international best practice. Rather than stand-alone modules, the programme progresses through a series of developmental ‘mindsets’, in which academic topics are integrated through experiential learning.
Live action learning
Through our real-world consultancy project option, you will spend three months working with the client organisation to deliver effective solutions. During an in class Consulting Challenge, you will work as a team with partners from leading consulting firms to solve practical business challenges, incorporating ideas from class, and preparing an Executive Board presentation at the end.
A Tailor-Made Leadership Programme
Our year long leadership programme features training in personal development, participation in high performing teams, presentation skills, communication and networking strategies. You will benefit from training and coaching to help you identify and work on personal development challenges.
International Study Tour
During a five day International Study Tour to San Francisco, you can experience a different working culture and business environment, and gain an insight into global business trends through networking opportunities with high-level executives. The International Study Tour will incorporate both the Social Innovation and Business Planning, and Business Analytics electives from the Integrated Knowledge module, with visits and activities selected as appropriate.
We will give you the opportunity to:
- Enjoy a city tour of San Francisco
- Take a cultural excursion to the Napa Valley wine region
- Meet leading entrepreneurs from global business start-ups
- Gain insights from high-level executives from global multinationals
- Learn about international business practice
- Gain skills for leadership in a demanding global business environment
- Be inspired and challenged
Privileged access to an inspiring network
At our Industry Masterclasses, leaders in their field meet with MBA students, presenting on their area of expertise. You will also receive automatic membership of the MBA Association of Ireland, which grants access to a range of networking opportunities.
One-on-one career coaching
We offer coaching from a leading industry mentor, personal CV analysis and career advice and interview skills training.