Are you a postdoc unsure about how to navigate the job market and market your academic skills within and beyond academia? If so, this two-day online interactive course is for you!
- April 28, 2022 - May 5, 2022 (April 28, 2022 , May 5, 2022 )
- 09:00 - 10:30
This online interactive course is composed of two webinars (90 minutes each), one week apart.
By participating in these webinars, you will:
- Explore the steps and apply the 'DARE to be Career Ready Methodology' (specific for PhD graduates) to defining and redefining your career so that you can take your career readiness to the next level.
- Come across various ways to transfer your academic skills to a variety of different work contexts.
- Discover how to assess the current job market in your area to find possible career options.
- Learn how to use job search engines, and optimise your search for the best results
- Discover strategies to build extended networks of people.
- Discover tips and steps you can follow to achieve your preferred career destination.
Please note that attendance at both webinars is required to achieve the best learning results. In addition, there are practical learning activities where interaction with the course presenter and other participants is required. Therefore, be prepared to put your camera and microphone on at specific points during the course.
This course will be led by Dr Lilian Simones on behalf of Future Ready Career. In the six years following the completion of her PhD, Lilian has successfully established two businesses of her own and has worked full-time as a Researcher Development Consultant at Queen's University Belfast (QUB). In this role, she has supported more than 4000 PhD students and early career researchers, helping them navigate the next steps in their chosen career paths. Currently, apart from her leadership roles at Future Ready Career and Enact Music, she holds an academic role as Staff Tutor in Music at the Open University, where she oversees tuition and student support for Music Modules A232 and A234 throughout the UK. An experienced researcher, Lilian has a multidisciplinary background, combining Psychology, Education, Gesture Studies and Music.
People and Culture
- Add to calendar