Queen's University staff recognised in New Year Honours List 2023
Members of staff at Queen’s University Belfast have been recognised in the New Year Honours List 2023.
This is the first to be awarded by His Majesty King Charles III.
The full list of staff recognised is below:
- Professor Frank Casey, Clinical Professor in the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences and Wellcome-Wolfson Institute for Experimental Medicine, was named Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to Healthcare in Northern Ireland.
- Dr John Stannard, Senior Lecturer in the School of Law, was named Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to Legal Education.
- Dr Anne Campbell, Reader in the School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work, was named Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) for services to Drug Policy and Practice.
- Dr Godfrey Gaston, lately Director of the Centre for Secure Information Technologies, was named Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) for services to Cyber Security Innovation.
- Michelle Mullan, Clerical Officer in the School of Nursing and Midwifery, was named a Medallist of the Order of the British Empire (BEM) for voluntary and charitable service to the community in County Antrim.
- In addition, Professor Emeritus Paula Reimer, lately Director of the CHRONO Centre for Climate, Environment and Chronology, was recognised in the Honorary awards to foreign nationals in 2022. She was named an Honorary Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to Radiocarbon Dating, Calibration and Chronology.
Queen’s University Vice-Chancellor Professor Ian Greer said: “I would like to congratulate all of the staff members who have been recognised in the New Years Honours List. This is a tribute to the meaningful contribution that each academic has made to our society. Our colleagues ensure that research at Queen’s goes from strength to strength and is helping to make a positive impact both locally and globally.”
For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org