We have 10 subjects in the top 200 in the world (QS World University Rankings 2021). Three of those subjects are in the World Top 100 (QS World Rankings by subject 2021).
We have over 3,500 international students from 80 different countries. We’re 21st in the world for international outlook (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021).
96% of undergraduates and 94.1% of postgraduates are in employment or further study six months after graduation. (HESA Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2016/17)
It doesn’t stop there - Belfast is one of the top 10 cities in the UK to build a digital career (Monster’s Digital Cities, 2019)
Find out how Queen’s can enhance your employability.
“If you come and study at Queen’s University Belfast, you’re going to get a fantastic degree and career opportunities. You’ll experience an entirely different country and culture so, to any student thinking of coming to Queen’s, I personally vouch that this would be a very good decision.”
As a member of the Russell Group, Queen’s is one of the UK’s 24 leading research-intensive universities.
Our researchers are tackling Global Challenges such as health, food, conflict and technology. They carry out this ambitious work in our world-class facilities.
94% of current international students were satisfied with the subject area expertise of their lecturers (International Student Barometer 2020/21).
Queen’s ranks in the top 10 in the UK for several subjects:
- 2nd in UK for Dentistry (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022) Course information
- 3rd in UK for Pharmacology and Pharmacy (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022) Course information
- 2nd in the UK for Food Science (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022) Course information
- 6th in the UK for Accounting and Finance (Complete University Guide 2022) Course information
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Celtic Studies, 5th for Iberian Languages, 8th for French (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022) Course information
- Ranked joint 5th in the UK for Architecture (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022) Course information
- Ranked 11th in the UK for Electronic and Electrical Engineering (Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022) Course information
We are the ninth oldest University in the UK. In the last ten years we have invested £350m into award-winning facilities like the McClay Library, Graduate School, Law School and Computer Science building. We’re going to invest a further £350m in the next decade.
That’s why we were 1st out of 8 UK universities for our Graduate School and 96% of current international students are satisfied with our library services (International Student Barometer 2020/1).
Queen’s was 2 out of 8 UK universitiesfor satisfaction with social facilities (International Student Barometer 2020/1). Plus, 92% of students were satisfied with their safety and security at Queen’s (International Student Barometer 2020/1).
Visit Queen’s and see it for yourself on one of our Campus Tours.
You are guaranteed a warm welcome at Queen’s, which starts with a meet-and-greet at the airport. The support network at Queen’s made the transition to life in Belfast easy, and Queen’s felt like home in no time.” Maria Luiza Amadeu Henriques dos Santos
Belfast is the safest region in the UK (British Crime Surveys, 2019/20). This makes it easy to discover the city and find fantastic places to explore, eat, and socialise.
In fact, Northern Ireland was named the world’s best food destination in the 2018 International Travel and Tourism Awards.
After a £20m investment, Queen’s was 1st of 8 UK universities for satisfaction with sporting facilities (International Student Barometer 2020/1).
Our world-class indoor and outdoor facilities are ideal for recreational, competitive or high-performance athletes.