SCHOOL OF MECHANICAL & AEROSPACE ENGINEERING PRIVACY NOTICE
1. This Privacy Notice tells you what we do with information we collect about you. The notice is addressed to individuals who are participating Parallel 2020 Online Conference. We refer to all these individuals as “Participant” or “you” in this notice.
WHO WE ARE
2. We are Queen’s University Belfast (“we”, “us” and “our”), a Higher Education Provider (HEP) School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering.
PERSONAL DATA WE USE
3. When providing the online conference, we will record the entire meeting including your presentations in audio/video formats. This is known as your “Personal Data”.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. We use the recordings in the following ways:
- Shared on the web with other participants in the Parallel2020 conference.
REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. The lawful basis for processing your Personal Data is,
- Article 6, Part 1, (f) – Legitimate Interests of the Data Controller.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
6. We can share your information with the following parties for the purposes set out above. This is done in line with our Data Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Conference participants for research and education purposes.
DATA PROCESSING OUTSIDE EUROPE
7. The video data will be shared on certain platforms such as Microsoft Teams or Youtube and the access link will be sent to all participant in the Parallel 2020 conference. These hosting services may be based outside of the EU. However, they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield framework and satisfy the Data Protection Act 2018’s requirements.
HOW LONG DATA PROCESSING INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
8. We will keep it for up to 1 month from date of collection. We are only allowed to keep your information if we need it for one of the reasons described above.
9.You can contact us at the address below for one or more of the following reasons:
- To ask us to fix information about you that is wrong or incomplete, this is known as your right to rectification.
- To ask us to delete information about you, this is known as your right to erasure.
- To tell us you no longer agree to us using your information about you and ask us to stop, this is known as the right to object.
- To tell us to stop using information about you to sell you products and services, which is known as the right to restrict processing.
- To make “subject access requests” – which is a request for us to send you the information we have about you
- To ask us to provide you or someone else (on your request) in a structured; commonly used machine-readable format with the information you have provided to us about yourself. This is known as “data portability” right.
- To ask us not to use information about you in a way that allows computers to make decisions about you based solely on automated processing.
10. The Information Compliance Unit
Queen’s University Belfast
11. You have the right to complain about how we treat your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
12. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of the changes where we are required by law to do so.