Queen’s University Belfast
Our donor promise
Our work would not be possible without your support. Your philanthropic gifts play a vital role in enabling us to transform the campus and enrich the student experience.
Your generosity has helped support pioneering research and has allowed us to address many global challenges. Furthermore without your donations, students from disadvantaged backgrounds might never get the opportunity to realise their potential by gaining a world-class degree.
In return we want your experience of giving to The Queen’s University of Belfast Foundation to be a positive one. Below is our promise to you.
- Be treated by all Queen’s staff and volunteers involved with the solicitation and receipt of donations in a fair, transparent, accurate and honest manner in accordance with all applicable laws and the professional code of fundraising ethics and good practice.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers or employees of the University.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the Board of The Queen’s University of Belfast Foundation. Have access to the University’s most recent published financial accounts.
- Be informed of the way we intend to use donations and of our commitment to ensure they are used for the intended purpose.
- Be consulted if your donation cannot be used for its intended purpose and have it repaid if agreement cannot be reached within a short period of time for an alternative use.
- Be kept informed of the impact of your philanthropy and the University’s evolving needs and priorities. You will receive progress reports and invitations to attend events to see at first-hand the impact of your support.
- Receive appropriate and timely acknowledgement, recognition and publicity for your donation. If requested, your anonymity will be respected.
- Be assured that your right to privacy will be respected and that there will be full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- Be asked in writing for permission to be cited in case studies and other promotional material prior to publication.
- Be allowed to limit the number/type of solicitations if requested.
- Receive a response within 30 days to a complaint about any matter relating to the University’s fundraising activities.
We welcome support from individuals, charitable trusts and foundations and organisations, and would be pleased to discuss ways in which relationships may be fostered with potential benefactors.
For further information on any of the above please contact Jacqui McCormick, Donor Relations Officer, on 028 9097 5378 or email email@example.com .This promise will change as we listen to you, our donors.
Updated June 2018