Why Choose Queen's?
The Employer Engagement Team at Queen's is committed to connecting employers with student and graduate talent. Our bespoke service offers solutions for all your recruitment needs, whether you have a graduate role, internship or placement to fill. We can provide route information to the correct academic department and student group to ensure you are visible to the right candidates.
We will help you:
- Promote your vacancies and opportunities
- Raise student awareness of your organisation
- Shape the skills development of talented students
Contact our team
1 billion contributed to the
economy every year
31,000 active users on our
vacancy portal, MyFuture
96% of our undergraduates are in
employment or further study
6 months after graduation
(HESA Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey, 2016/17)
26th in the UK for
(Times and Sunday Times
Good University Guide 2020)
Advertise opportunities for free through our online career management platform, MyFuture. You can self-manage your profile, allowing you to build your brand presence and successfully promote graduate roles, internships and placements. You can also register for careers fairs and events and virtually recruit on campus.
Through MyFuture, we can facilitate
- Scheduling live interviews through your preferred channel e.g. Teams, Zoom
- Pre-record interview questions for students to complete a virtual video interview
Careers fairs and on-campus events allow you to engage directly with top student and graduate talent and maximise exposure to your brand and your opportunities.
Our flagship fairs include our Spring Careers Fair (February) and Autumn Careers Fair (October).
To keep updated when fairs are open for registration, create your MyFuture profile and turn your email preferences on.
Key dates for your diary
- Spring Careers Fair Wednesday 08 February 2023 from 11am-3pm
- Business Management Fair - date and location tbc
Watch the video to see the highlights from our Autumn Careers Fair 2022 .Visit our Careers Fairs web page
Whether you are currently recruiting or not, we're dedicated to establishing pro-active relationships between employers, the University and our students. We can advise and assist on:
- Presenting to our students through virtual campus fairs and presentations.
- Authoring advice and thought leadership blogs to help you engage with students.
- Participating in our student development programmes, such as Insight into Management and DegreePlus.
- Sponsorship opportunities related to careers events and activities. This might include sponsorship of our recruitment fair or a workplace study tour.
- Facilitating student visits to your facilities for off-campus events.
We are committed to developing work-ready graduates and are focussed on offering our students access to valuable and impactful work experience opportunities.
Attracting and retaining the very best talent is important for any ambitious company.
“Placement students bring in fresh thinking and new ideas. What they get back is that they can see where that theoretical knowledge meets practical application and that it becomes really relevant when you can turn theory into practice.” Peter Sheridan
Chief Executive, Co-Operation Ireland
Many of our Schools have dedicated placement staff to facilitate courses with compulsory or optional placement years or modules. Use the buttons below to contact the relevant School or contact our team.
As an expert consultancy service, we can link you to academic and professional services teams across the University allowing you to access the right people, projects and services for your business needs. Our reach extends beyond effective recruitment campaigns to skills development solutions, curriculum learning and work-based projects and partnerships.
We’ll give you the opportunity to:
- Provide real life projects for students to apply their academic knowledge.
- Share your expertise via a guest lecture.
- Offer activities, insight days or internships during Development Weeks.
We are keen to work with employers to develop a full range of shorter-term placements and internships. SMEs can apply for funding support to help establish internships of up to 8 weeks. SMEs must match any funding provided by Santander Universities SME Internship Programme and Queen's University. Please note, students are treated as employees for the duration of their internship and employees must pay insurance and other related costs.
We also host industry-specific live events in areas such as IT, Maths, Physics, Engineering, Digital and Creative. Working with individual Schools we have several smaller, more targeted, Industry Live sessions to help you access the right talent.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Careers
- Mech and Aero Engineering
- Maths and Physics
- Teaching/Education Industry Live
- Psychology Awareness Industry Live
Ensure maximum exposure to relevant student groups by sending targeted emails through MyFuture. You can target students by year and School to increase applications for current roles or to boost attendance at your campus event. Targeted emails cost £50+vat per School per year group. Employers are permitted to send up to two emails to the same group of students, each semester.
For employers requiring a more substantial engagement plan we operate a Key Account Management service to help you develop and manage your engagement and recruitment activities on campus. You will be assigned one of our experienced Account Managers to assist you in developing a tailored engagement programme to help you better connect and engage with our talented students and graduates.