This section of the Code of Practice is intended primarily for the benefit of individuals appointed to a position as an External Examiner at Queen’s. External examiners may also find information of use in other sections of this Code of Practice, especially the sections on Boards of Examiners and Mark Schemes and Classifications.
This section of the Code of Practice will also be of benefit to Queen’s staff seeking information as to the University’s expectations regarding the role and remit of external examiners.
Key Forms and Templates:
- External Examiner Nomination Form
- External Examiner Extension Request Form
- Undergraduate Annual Report Form (PDF preview)
- Postgraduate Taught Annual Report Form (PDF Preview)
- External Examiner Final Report Form
Note: It is the responsibility of each Head of School to ensure compliance with this Code of Practice. While operational responsibility may be delegated to School staff, the Head of School retains formal accountability for oversight of the School’s processes and procedures.