Local Area Planning and Primary Geography: enabling children’s active participation in local decision-making through primary geography education in the Republic of Ireland
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, EDUCATION, SOCIAL WORK - PRIVACY NOTICE
WHO WE ARE
1. Queen’s University Belfast is a university with a reputation for excellence in education and research and a member of the Russell Group. Founded in 1845 as Queen's College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. The School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work is a faculty within the University.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
2. Information you provide: When participating in the research study we will ask for information about you, such as your name, experience learning geography, etc. This is known as your “Personal Data”.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
3. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- To record participant consent for the research project;
- To analyse the research material gathered and to present it in the form of a doctoral thesis;
- To prepare talks for conferences;
- To prepare reports for research progress reviews;
- To prepare papers for publication.
LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. The legal basis for collecting and using your personal data is as follows:
- 6 (1) e - Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
WHO YOUR DATA WILL BE SHARED WITH
5. In line with our Data Protection Policy and Procedures I can share your information, including Personal Data, with the following parties for the purposes set out above:
- The supervisory team;
- If there is a disclosure of concern about the safety of any young person, this will have to be raised with the school.
DATA PROCESSING OUTSIDE EUROPE
6. We will not transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area.
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
7. We will keep your Personal Data for up to 5 years from date of collection. We will only keep your information if we need it for one of the reasons described above. We place great importance on the security of the Personal Data that I collect and hold, including the use of physical, technological and organisational measures to ensure your information is protected from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, alteration, disclosure, destruction and damage.
8. The Data Protection Act 2018 provides you with a number of legal rights in relation to your Personal Data, including the right:
- to request access to your Personal Data;
- to request correction of your Personal Data that is wrong or incomplete;
- to request erasure or the restriction of processing of your Personal Data;
- to request the transfer of your Personal Data in a structured; commonly used machine-readable format;
- not to be subject to automated decision making; and
- to withdraw your consent.
9. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, or require further information about any of the rights, please contact QUB on the details below.
10. If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, the University’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
Data Protection Officer
Queen’s University Belfast
11. You have the right to complain about how we treat your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
12. I may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. I will notify you of the changes where I am required by law to do so.