In Pictures: Launch of LGBT+ Staff Network
The official launch of the University's LGBT+ Staff Network, PRISM, took place on Tuesday 13 November in the Naughton Gallery and was attended by the Vice-Chancellor, senior leaders and staff from across the University.
The launch included speeches by the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Professor Ian Greer, Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Conor Curran, and PRISM Co-Chairs, Sally Bridge, Borrower Services Librarian, and Richard Robinson, Head of Accommodation.
The purpose of PRISM is to provide a safe, welcoming space for LGBT+ staff in Queen's to regularly meet during work hours, to discuss LGBT+ issues, work matters and to plan social events both on and off campus.
“A great celebration of people being themselves at work.”— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) November 17, 2018
- Brian Parkes, HR Director, on the launch of PRISM @QUBLGBTSN
- Find out more: https://t.co/YFvQogy7JF
#LoveQUB #LoveQUBstaff@QUBEqualDiverse @QUBWorkHere @QUBelfast @QUBVChancellor @QUBPeopleFirst pic.twitter.com/nndmSqdGY6
“I think it’s important to have a safe space.”— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) November 14, 2018
- Conor Curran, Head of @QUBEqualDiverse on the launch of PRISM @QUBLGBTSN
#LoveQUB #LoveQUBstaff@QUBWorkHere @QUBelfast @QUBVChancellor @NaughtonGallery @WellbeingQUB @QUBPeopleFirst pic.twitter.com/4AmGdOWLtW
“It means a great deal. It means that Queen’s is a safe environment.”— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) November 13, 2018
- @SallyBridge3, Borrower Services Librarian & PRISM Joint Chair, speaking at the launch of @QUBLGBTSN on support from senior leaders. #LoveQUB #LoveQUBstaff @QUBVChancellor @QUBEngagement @QUBEqualDiverse pic.twitter.com/j53wdctMRY
”It’s been a great atmosphere tonight.”— Queen's Staff (@QUBstaff) November 13, 2018
- Richard Robinson, Head of @QueensAccomm & PRISM Joint Chair on the launch of @QUBLGBTSN. #LoveQUB #LoveQUBstaff @QUBelfast @QUBEqualDiverse @QUBPeopleFirst @QUBWorkHere @QUBVChancellor @NaughtonGallery @SallyBridge3 pic.twitter.com/qZRwRPE6O7
How to join the PRISM staff network
If you would like to register your interest in joining the Staff LGBT+ Network please email firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in your email whether you would like to be invited to (a) forthcoming meetings of the Network and/or (b) events organised by the Network.
PRISM is keen to grow their membership and particularly encourages contact from any staff who identify as belonging to the LGBT+ community.
All emails will be treated in confidence.
Follow @QUBLGBTSN on Twitter for information on upcoming events and other activity.