Queen's secures access to Times Higher Education (THE)
Queen's has secured an institutional subscription to the Times Higher Education (THE) – the company behind the world's most influential university ranking and a leading source of analysis and insight on higher education.
Under the new university-wide subscription, all staff and students with an institutional email address (ending in '@qub.ac.uk') can now enjoy free online access to THE articles and digital editions.
Important note: if your area currently pays for a departmental subscription to THE, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff and students can access THE digital content as follows:
THE website access
- Visit the THE website to create an online account.
- Create a THE account by clicking on the 'Register' button on the dropdown menu.
- When creating an online account, use your Queen's email address.
- Once registration has been completed, you will be able to access all THE online content without any restrictions.
Accessing the digital editions
- To access THE digital editions, click on the 'Professional' header on the THE homepage and select 'Digital Editions'.
- Once you have clicked on 'Digital Editions', select the issue that you would like to view.
Accessing the THE app (ios, Android, Kindle Fire)
- To access the THE app, download the app from your app store provider.
- Once you have downloaded the app, you will need to select which edition you would like to view.
- You will then need to log in. To do this, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select 'Account', then 'Existing THE account'. To log in, enter the username and password that you created when setting up your online account.
- Once logged in, select and view any issues of THE.