Dr Chris Colvin
Senior Lecturer in Economics at Queen’s Management School
Queen's Management School
Chris Colvin combines economics and history to better understand the performance of firms, industries, economies and societies.
Specifically Dr Colvin’s expertise is thinking through the short, medium and long term consequences, given the lessons from history.
FieldsEconomics Economic History
Areas of Expertise
economic history; financial history; business history; banking crises; health crises; patents and innovation; economic policymaking process; pedagogical reform
- Covid-19: How Northern Ireland has fared better than the Republic of Ireland, Irish Times (16 September 2020)
- How to measure the demographic impact of a pandemic, RTÉ Brainstorm (19 June 2020)
- The slow recovery after the combined shock of Spanish flu and the first world war, The Anthill Podcast, The Conversation (17 June 2020)
- Does the Spanish flu offer lessons in how to tackle a pandemic?, The Economics Observatory (24 May 2020)
- Economic lessons from pandemics past, In Business, BBC Radio 4 (23 April 2020).
- Coronavirus and Spanish flu: economic lessons to learn from the last truly global pandemic, The Conversation, (11 March 2020)