Professor Manuel Salto Tellez
Chair of Molecular Pathology at Queen’s University Belfast , Director of Queen University Belfast’s Precision Medicine Centre of Excellence, Consultant Histopathologist and Molecular Diagnostician.
Precision Medicine Centre of Excellence
Professor Salto Tellez is an international pathologist and is one of the drivers behind the Precision Medicine Centre of Excellence.
“Who would have predicted years ago that molecular diagnostics, precision medicine, cancer immunotherapy and artificial intelligence would redefine the future of modern pathology?” says Professor Salto Tellez. His advocacy and work on digital pathology and morpho-molecular diagnostics across Europe, the UK and USA has helped the future of modern pathology.
Professor Salto Tellez is a leading academic medical practitioner in his area of expertise. He has been part of international working groups advising the US NIH and other national and international institutions. One of his latest research programmes is a Cancer Research UK Accelerator Award to foster the use of artificial intelligence and digital pathology in cancer research and cancer diagnostics. Professor Salto Tellez believes in a true synergy between healthcare, academia and industry.
Areas of Expertise
Cancer research, precision medicine, artificial intelligence, digital pathology
Professor Manuel Salto Tellez has provided expert comment and given interviews for a broad range of national and international media.
- These Belfast cancer scientists need your help to fund crucial research, Belfast Live, 01/02/2018
- Pathology’s new frontier, Lab News, 15/01/2018
- QUB medical centre of excellence opens, Belfast Telegraph, 04//12/2017
- Training Evolution in Pathology Needed to Deliver Precision Medicine, Technology Networks, 08/11/2017
- Philips to develop AI healthcare solutions for UK life sciences, med-technews, 06/12/2017
- NHS cancer testing service 'at breaking point', BBC, 23/11/2016
- Old problems, new ways to solve them, BMC blog network, 16/04/2013
Associated Research Centres / Projects
Clinical Consultant Pathologist at the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
For more information or to book an interview, email email@example.comAcademic Profile