Below you will find the latest information from our key research funders as well responses to Frequently Asked Questions regarding the impact of Covid-19 on Researchers and Funding.
Please note, the answers provided are general advice for reference purposes and should not be taken as specific advice based on your individual circumstances.
If you have queries that are not answered below, please contact the team on C19ResQueries@qub.ac.uk
- Following the most recent communication from the NI executive regarding additional measures to control the spread of Covid-19; Queen's position is that staff should continue with research on campus that cannot be done remotely. Other research that can be done from home should continue on that basis.
- The results of a recent Vitae-run survey on the impact of lockdown on researchers in the UK can be found here
- Details of the UKRI Covid-19 Grant Extension Allocation (CoA) to support funded projects that have been affected or disrupted by Covid-19 can be found on the UKRI website whilst key FAQs are addressed below.
The below includes FAQs on/for the following:
- Information From Funders
- Medical Charities
- UKRI Covid-19 Grant Extension Allocation (CoA)
- Current Awards/Ongoing Projects
- Research Grant Applications – Frequently Asked Questions
- Collaborative and Contract Research
- Post-Doctoral Researchers
UKRI Covid-19 Grant Extension Allocation (CoA) [07/10]
The CoA is a block grant provided to Queen's by UKRI to support costed extensions to certain eligible research grant awards:
Faculty Research Finance teams have written to all eligible award holders inviting them to apply for supplementary funding from the CoA. The process for allocating this funding is currently in progress and the deadline for submission of requests has passed.
Award holders with specific requests regarding additional funding for their awards must contact their respective Faculty Finance Team
The FAQs relating to the CoA have now been archived and can be found: