We are here to help support you as you plan to arrive at Queen’s University Belfast University for the academic year 2023-24. Find out all the information you need about Queen’s below:
How can I make an informed choice?
What can I do to make an informed choice about the right course for me?
We have a number of ways to help you make informed choices:
- We offer a range of virtual, on-demand and on-campus events that you can attend and find out more about life at Queen's
- Join us for our Offer Holder Day on Saturday 25 March 2023, 9.30am - 3pm. This event is designed to familiarise you with your chosen course and department and explore our beautiful campus
- You can also chat live to students studying your course or get in touch with our undergraduate recruitment team by email
- How can I attend the Offer Holder Day?
When you become an offer holder you will receive information about our invite-only Offer Holder Dav for students who made an application to Queen's University and are holding an offer with us, either conditional or unconditional. The experience is subject specific and tailored to give you the chance to explore your chosen course and the University in much more detail
See a full list of our upcoming Undergraduate virtual events.
Course information for 2023 entry
Will it be more competitive in 2023 for a place?
Entry requirements to courses remain unchanged. If you have already applied for entry in 2023, decisions are made on an ongoing basis and you will hear from our Admissions team shortly.
- Can I defer my offer to 2024 entry?
We understand that personal circumstances can always chance, but in order to make an informed decision, we would recommend that you delay making the final decision on your offers until you have received them all. Should you wish to defer your offer to 2024 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Normally Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work do not consider requests for deferred entry.
How can I make changes to my application?
How can I find out if application deadlines change?
Keep up-to-date of changes to applications deadlines, please refer to your UCAS Hub which provides useful updates and information regarding application deadlines.
- If I change my mind, how can I make changes to my application?
You can make changes to your application using your UCAS Hub. You can also make changes to your name, date of birth or passport details through UCAS. However should you wish to change your start date or course, please contact our admissions team using email@example.com.
If you have already accepted an offer with another University and wish to change your reply, please contact your UCAS advisor to make changes to your replies. It is good practice to also inform those Universities involved of the changes to your offer reply.
- I have not applied to Queen’s but now I wish to apply for 2023 entry. Is this possible?
We accept late applications on a number of courses*, please check our website for courses available. Please see our website for further information on applying through UCAS Extra.
* With the exception of Medicine, Dentistry, Social Work, Nursing and Midwifery, and Actuarial Science and Risk Management
Can I visit the campus and have a tour?
We run our student led tours on Mondays and Fridays, where you have the opportunity to see around are campus and speak directly with a current student.
When can I apply for accommodation?
You can apply online for accommodation from February 2023 for the 2023-24 academic year when you have received either a conditional or unconditional offer from us. Allocation of places however will not begin until you have been accepted onto a course of study at Queen’s.
Please see our Student Accommodation website to view our range of affordable, purpose built University student accommodation in Belfast.
- When is the accommodation deposit due?
The accommodation deposit is not required to be paid until you have accepted an offer for a place in our accommodation.
Last Updated: 06 January 2023