International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2023/24
This award is exclusively for new international students beginning their first year of full-time postgraduate taught study at Queen's University Belfast in the academic year 2022/23 who meet the conditions of their academic offer.
- £2000 (fee rate 1) for first year of study
- £3000 (fee rate 2) for first year of study
- Queen's Management School postgraduate taught programmes will not be considered for this scholarship.
No separate application for this scholarship is required. If you are holding an offer for an eligible programme and meet the criteria as set out in these terms & conditions, you will automatically be awarded an International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship upon enrolment.
All scholarships are offered subject to terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2023/24
- The International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship award is exclusively for new international students.
- Students must hold an offer for a place on a full-time postgraduate taught programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, starting in the academic year 2023/24 and prior to commencement of study have met any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter.
Exclusions apply – see point 11 below
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the full international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI or GB fees are not eligible for the International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship.
- The discount is awarded for the first year of study only and is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment.
- The scholarship cannot be used in lieu of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
- Any International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship awarded is for entry to Queen’s University Belfast in the autumn semester of the academic year 2023/24 and cannot be used for 2024/25 entry or any other year.
- If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred. However, you will be automatically assessed if you chose to defer your entry until 2024/25.
- Students must be self-funded.
- Where Queen’s University Belfast has agreed discounted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students should confirm their eligibility with the International Office by emailing International Scholarships
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for an International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship. This excludes students in receipt of educational loans.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the International Office Postgraduate Taught Scholarship:
- Postgraduate: PG Certificate and PG Diploma programmes, MTh Theology.
- All Queen's Management Postgraduate Taught programmes including Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes.
- MSc (T) Applied Behaviour Analysis
- If you exit on a lower qualification (i.e., a PG Diploma instead of a Master's degree), you will not be eligible for the full scholarship.
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn, and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2023/24 academic year.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive the Higher of the awards with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship. Where eligible, students can however use their scholarship in conjunction with the Early Confirmation Award or INTO Progression Scholarship.
- The University is unable to consider requests for increased and/or further funding. The amount of scholarship offered is non-negotiable.
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.