Queen's Loyalty Scholarship 2023/24
Available to eligible international students returning to study on a full-time undergraduate, postgraduate taught or postgraduate research programme.
- 20% reduction in tuition fees for Year 1
- Exclusions apply
- Automatic assessment, no application required.
If you believe you are eligible to receive a Queen's Loyalty Scholarship and don't receive a scholarship notification please contact International scholarships with your student ID.
All scholarships are offered subject to terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions Queen's Loyalty Scholarship 2023/24
- To be eligible for the Queen’s Loyalty Scholarship Students must hold an offer of a place on a full-time and complete duration programme at the Queen’s University Belfast campus, starting in the academic year 2023/24 and prior to commencement of study have met any academic and language conditions attached to their offer as stated in their offer letter.
Exclusions apply – see point 13 below.
- Students must be classified as international fee-paying students paying the full international tuition fee rate in order to be considered for this discount. Students paying NI and GB fees are not eligible for the Queen’s Loyalty Scholarship.
- Students must be Queen’s University alumni, Exchange, Study Abroad, International Summer School or AHSS Winter School Students who have successfully completed the full duration of their previous programme with Queen’s University Belfast. Students progressing from INTO Queens are not eligible.
- The discount is awarded for the first year of study only and is deducted from gross tuition fees upon enrolment.
- The scholarship cannot be used in place of any required deposit and no cash alternative is available.
- Students must register on their degree programme by the start date outlined in their offer.
- If you wish to defer your entry to the University your scholarship will not be transferred
- Students must be self-funded.
- Any Queen’s Loyalty Scholarship awarded is for entry to Queen’s University Belfast in the academic year 2023/24 and cannot be used for 2024/25 entry or any other year.
- Where Queen’s University Belfast has agreed discounted tuition fees with partner institutions, those students should contact International Scholarships to confirm their eligibility.
- If you are in receipt of funding (either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external sponsorship body such as Government, a charity or a private organisation you will not be eligible for a Queen’s Loyalty Scholarship. This excludes students in receipt of educational loans.
- The following programmes are excluded from eligibility for the Queen’s Loyalty Scholarship:
- Undergraduate: Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology, Theology.
- Postgraduate: PG Certificate and PG Diploma programmes, MTh Theology.
- ALL Distance Learning programmes, foundation degree programmes and non-standard fee courses, including part-time programmes.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MSc (T) Applied Behaviour Analysis
- External PhD programmes where students only undertake part of their research at Queen’s University.
- Higher Doctorates - Doctor of Divinity (DD), Doctor of Laws (LLD), Doctor of Letters (DLitt), Doctor of Science (DSc), Doctor of Science (Economics) (DSc (Econ)), Doctor of Science, (Education) (DSc (Ed)) and Doctor of Social Science (DSSc)
- PhD programmes by Published Works
- If you exit on a lower qualification (i.e., a PG Diploma instead of a Master's degree), you will not be eligible for the full scholarship.
- Students must request authorisation from the International Office before making any changes to their programme of study. Where changes are made without authorisation being granted, the scholarship may be withdrawn, and students may be required to repay the scholarship in full.
- In the event that a student has received scholarship offers for a number of different programmes at Queen’s University, they will only be able to redeem one scholarship award. This will be the scholarship award for the course onto which they enrol in the 2023/24 academic year.
- Applicants may apply and/or be considered for more than one award administered by Queen’s University Belfast but if successful would receive only the highest value award with the lower value award cancelled or allocated to another applicant.
- International scholarships cannot be used in conjunction with any other University scholarship. Where eligible students can use their scholarship in conjunction with the Early- Confirmation Award. To confirm eligibility, contact International Scholarships
- The University reserves the right to vary all or any scholarship awards, discounts and regulations at its sole discretion.