Boost the impact of your work through press and social media
Are you a publishing academic from the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences at Queen’s University? Do you want to increase the impact and exposure of your research, but not sure how to be heard?
Please join experts from Queen’s University Belfast’s Strategic Marketing and Communications Team for their Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences focused session on how to boost the impact of your research through mainstream media and social media channels (such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook).
Where? Medical Biology Centre/0G/208
When? 09:30 to 13:00 on Thursday 26 March 2020
The session will cover:
- how the media can be an effective tool to disseminate research and increase its impact;
- help delegates understand what journalists want from researchers, and the news angle of research findings;
- when and how to publicise your work through online news stories and press releases;
- commenting on breaking news in the media;
- what works on social media;
- building and maintaining a presence on social media.