PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT PRIVACY NOTICE
1. This Privacy Notice tells you what we do with information we collect about you. The notice is addressed to individuals who have signed up to our mailing list to be kept advised of the events that we offer and the services we provide. We refer to recipients of our mailing list as “you” in this notice.
WHO WE ARE
2. We are Queen’s University Belfast (“we”, “us” and “our”), a Higher Education Provider (HEP). Public Engagement implements the University’s Social Charter while promoting the value of Queen’s locally and globally. Public Engagement ensures the work of the University is reflected across the community, building relationships with groups, leaders and the culture and arts sectors.
PERSONAL DATA WE USE
3. When you sign up to our mailing list we will ask for information about you, such as your name, address, company, position and email address. This is known as your “Personal Data”. We may also ask you for some special categories of information (for example health information associated with dietary requirements). This is known as your “Sensitive Personal Data”.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. We use your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data to inform you about forthcoming events and to provide you with the Public Engagement News Bulletin.
REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. We collect and use your personal data based on your consent as you have chosen to ‘opt in’ to the Public Engagement mailing list. You can choose to withdraw your consent at any time.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
6. We may share your information including Personal Data and Special Personal Data with other departments within Queen’s University Belfast, but only for the purposes set out above. This is done in line with our Data Protection Policy and Procedures.
CHANGES/REMOVAL FROM MAILING LIST
7. If you wish to update your personal data or be removed from the Public Engagement Mailing List, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. In other cases, if we stop using your information we will not be able to provide the services that you are asking us to give you. We will tell you about this if you make a request.
DATA PROCESSING OUTSIDE EUROPE
9. Your personal data and sensitive personal data will not be shared outside Europe.
HOW LONG DATA PROCESSING INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
10. We will keep your data until you request for it to be removed from our mailing list. We are only allowed to keep your information if we need it for one of the reasons described above.
11. You can contact us at the address above for one or more of the following reasons:
11.1.1 To ask us to fix information about you that is wrong or incomplete, this is known as your right to rectification.
11.1.2 To ask us to delete information about you, this is known as your right to erasure.
11.1.3 To tell us you no longer agree to us using your information about you and ask us to stop, this is known as the right to object.
11.1.4 To tell us to stop using information about you to sell you products and services, which is known as the right to restrict processing.
11.1.5 To make “subject access requests” – which is a request for us to send you the information we have about you.
11.1.6 To ask us to provide you or someone else (on your request) in a structured; commonly used machine-readable format with the information you have provided to us about yourself.
This is know as “data portability” right.
11.1.7 To ask us not to use information about you in a way that allows computers to make decisions about you based solely on automated processing.
12. The Information Compliance Unit
Queen’s University Belfast
13. You have the right to complain about how we treat your Personal Data and Special Personal Data to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
14. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of the changes where we are required by law to do so.
Queen's University Belfast is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please read our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Queen's University Belfast is registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland NIC101788
VAT registration number: GB 254 7995 11