GB Scholarship 2024
In addition to the above, as a resident of Queen’s Accommodation you will also benefit from the following:
250MbWi-Fi included throughout
£0Free off-peak Queen's Sport membership
100+Residential support staff
Northern Ireland has the lowest student cost of living in the UK(Which? University, 2018)
Guaranteed first year accommodation in the heart of the city for students from Great Britain
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Queen’s believes in rewarding hard work and excellence. We are offering an exclusive scholarship for new undergraduate students from England, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Students who achieve grades ABB or above in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University will receive:
- £2,500 towards Queen's Accommodation (or alternative contracted provider) during the first year of study.
- You will also receive a sum of £500 in your first year of study to support flights and costs associated with moving to Belfast.
There is no application process for these awards. If you have met the eligibility criteria you will be identified automatically at the point of registration and enrolment. To find out more about how we process your personal data please see our student privacy notice.
GB scholarship is only applicable to 2024 entry students.
Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible, students must be studying a full-time undergraduate degree for the first time at Queen’s University Belfast
- To be eligible, students must be achieve a minimum grade of ABB in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University and will solely be based on the final grades published by the awarding bodies at the point of registration and enrolment.
- The scholarship will be available only after enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme is complete and the student has chosen to stay in University accommodation (or alternative contracted provider).
- £2,500 towards Queen's Accommodation (or alternative contrated provider). It is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for a monetary value.
- A cash amount of £500 will be paid in the first year of study.
- Students must be from England, Scotland, Wales, Channel Islands or Isle of Man and paying tuition fees of £9,250.
- Students must apply through UCAS and enrol in 2024.
- The Undergraduate award excludes students applying for Foundation Degree courses, Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology and to the Queen’s colleges at Stranmillis and St. Mary’s.
- The GB Scholarship excludes students offered a place during UCAS Clearing and Adjustment.
- Queen's University Belfast, like most comparable Universities and as stated in our Prospectus and Admissions Policy, makes offers in terms of precise grades rather than UCAS tariff points. AS level or EPQ qualifications are not taken into consideration. For example, AAC does not equate to ABB for scholarship requirements.For reference, a Distinction* at BTEC equates to an A at A Level and a Distinction equates to a B.
- Undergraduate scholarships are decided by the Scholarship Allocation Panel and all decisions are final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the Panel.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw an scholarship from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- A student who withdraws from their programme prior to completion and who is in receipt of an undergraduate award will not normally be requested to repay award payments made up to the point of withdrawal.