Studying at Queen’s is a fantastic experience. It’s even better when you know you’re living somewhere safe, comfortable and in the most affordable place to be a student. We can offer you the all-important space to live and enjoy undergraduate life to the full.
Our exclusive Undergraduate Award is available for students commencing their undergraduate degree at Queen’s in September 2021 and 2022. This award is available to students from England, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands who achieve ABB or above in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University.
Best of all, there is no application process. If you meet the eligibility criteria you will be identified automatically at the point of registration and enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme.
||All undergraduate degree programmes (excluding Foundation courses, Medicine and Dentistry)
||New undergraduate students from England, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands who achieve ABB or above in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University
|No. of awards
||There is no application process or deadline. If you have met the eligibility criteria you will be identified automatically after enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme
The University will pay half of your accommodation costs (BT1, BT2 and BT9 only) in the first year. You’ll get a single en-suite room in your first year of study for less than £9 per day, inclusive of bills. That's a saving of over £2,300!
You will also receive a sum of £180 towards flights home for each year of study. This will be paid into your bank account in November of each year.
In addition to the above, as a resident of Queen’s Accommodation you will also benefit from the following:
HOW DO I APPLY
There is no need to complete an application form to be considered for the Undergraduate Award. If you have met the eligibility criteria you will be identified automatically after enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme.
Successful candidates will be informed of their award via email notification.
The Undergraduate Award excludes students applying for:
- Agricultural Technology
- Foundation Programmes
- Queen’s Colleges at Stranmillis and St. Mary’s
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Queen’s believes in rewarding hard work and excellence. We are offering an exclusive award for new undergraduate students from England, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Students who achieve grades ABB or above in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University will receive:
- Half price accommodation on a single en-suite room during the first year of study (across BT1, BT2 & BT9, up to £124)
- £180 towards flights home for each year of study
There is no application process for these awards. If you have met the eligibility criteria you will be identified automatically at the point of registration and enrolment. To find out more about how we process your personal data please see our student privacy notice.
GB scholarship is only applicable to 2021 and 2022 entry students.
Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible, students must be studying a full-time undergraduate degree for the first time at Queen’s University Belfast
- To be eligible, students must be achieve a minimum grade of ABB in their A-levels or equivalent qualification(s) acceptable to the University and will solely be based on the final grades published by the awarding bodies at the point of registration and enrolment.
- The award will be available only after enrolment on an approved undergraduate degree programme is complete and the student has chosen to stay in University accommodation.
- Half price accommodation on a single en-suite room (£124 per week) is for the full term of the 38-week contract and is subject to availability. It is non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for a monetary value.
- A cash amount of £180 will be paid in November each year towards towards the cost of flights home for the duration of the course.
- Students must be from England, Scotland, Wales, Channel Islands or Isle of Man and paying tuition fees of £9,250.
- Students must apply through UCAS and enrol in 2021 or 2022.
- The Undergraduate award excludes students applying for Foundation Degree courses, Medicine, Dentistry, Agricultural Technology and to the Queen’s colleges at Stranmillis and St. Mary’s.
- The award excludes students offered a place during UCAS Clearing and Adjustment.
- Queen's University Belfast, like most comparable Universities and as stated in our Prospectus and Admissions Policy, makes offers in terms of precise grades rather than UCAS tariff points. AS level or EPQ qualifications are not taken into consideration. For example, AAC does not equate to ABB for scholarship requirements.
- Undergraduate awards are decided by the Scholarship Allocation Panel and all decisions are final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the Panel.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw an award from anyone who is found to have misled the University about any aspect of their eligibility and to seek repayment of any monies already paid by appropriate means.
- If a student changes to different mode of study, their eligibility for an award will be reviewed. The award will be withdrawn if the change is from full time to part time or distance learning.
- A student who takes a period of temporary withdrawal (abeyance) and who is in receipt of an undergraduate award would cease to receive the award benefits and payments whilst temporarily withdrawn. Award benefits and payments made prior to temporarily withdrawing will not generally be requested to be repaid and remaining payments would generally be paid once the student returns to complete that level of study.
- Should a student be suspended for any reason, award benefits and payments will be withdrawn and consideration of reinstatement will be dependent on the disciplinary outcome.
- A student who withdraws from their programme prior to completion and who is in receipt of an undergraduate award will not normally be requested to repay award payments made up to the point of withdrawal. However, entitlement to all future award benefits and payments cease immediately if a student withdraws.
- The award is only applicable for the original duration of the course and excludes placement/gap or deferred years of study. Entitlement is not extended if overall course duration alters. Periods of temporary withdrawal that result in repeat or extended periods of study are not supported by additional award payments.