ARE YOU A MEMBER OF STAFF, EMPLOYER OR OTHER ORGANISATION SEEKING DEGREEPLUS ACCREDITATION FOR AN ACTIVITY?
- Only Employers; Community & Voluntary groups; Queen's staff and Students' Union; Professional Bodies and other organisations can apply for DegreePlus Accreditation of extracurricular, work-related learning experiential activities (i.e. current students cannot act as a provider and sign off on a DegreePlus Award for their peers). Those who are interested, may find it helpful to contact us in this first instance and to discuss the approval process and potential activity with the DegreePlus Manager.
- To apply, complete the ACTIVITY APPROVAL APPLICATON FORM and submit to us at email@example.com. It will then be considered against relevant activity criteria by a DegreePlus/ResearcherPlus Activity Review Panel (Criteria associated with Provider Verified and Combined Experience criteria are shown in the guidance at the end of the Activity Approval Application Form). If deemed suitable by the Panel, the approval will be confirmed to you via email.
- Once an activity is approved by the panel, the information plus any relevant associate image that has been provided will be published on the Activity List within this website (please note that providers are responsible for securing relevant permissions for publication of any associated images that they provide as well as for the accuracy of information provided. In the event of any change to contact, content or other changes to your activity, please contact DegreePlus as they occur so that we can confirm continuation of approval and ensure accuracy of information published to students).
FURTHER INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- Students who undertake DegreePlus will be utilising and developing some or all of the 12 DegreePlus Skills. These skills have been identified through consultations with employers by both Queen's Careers, Employability & Skills unit and wider national surveys of employers (E.g. Association of Graduate Recruiters).
- In addition to being able to gain DegreePlus accreditation for, e.g. extracurricular student Internships or career/professional development programmes, some employers also have agreed formal corporate partnerships/sponsorships with DegreePlus. For further information or other enquiries about this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FURTHER INFORMATION FOR QUEEN'S STAFF
- Staff with interests in student development and employability, Personal Tutors and those with student project supervision, advice or support roles are asked to encourage them to consider and get involved in DegreePlus/ResearcherPlus.
- Guidance on how Personal Tutors, in particular, can refer and encourage their students towards gaining the DegreePlus Award is provided in the Personal Tutor Handbook.
NICVA and EY are corporate partners of Degree Plus