Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences (MBRU) is Dubai Healthcare City’s first medical university and is part of the Dubai Academic Health Corporation. MBRU aims to be a global hub for innovative and integrated healthcare education and research in the UAE and beyond.
The University is currently growing its genomics related research programs by expanding its state-of-the-art research facilities and is presently soliciting applications for a Senior/Laboratory Technologist.
The role holder will be responsible for providing efficient laboratory support services to the genomic related research programs and support research activities of faculty at the University. The candidate will furthermore be responsible for creating awareness of laboratory standard operating procedures, inculcating safety standards and demonstrating the same to students.
- Conduct defined research activities in a Genetics/Genomics/OMICS laboratory environment based on Primary Investigators’ (PIs) requests.
- Extract, denature and purify DNA from assorted specimen types.
- Perform PCR, and genetic sequencing methods.
- Develop and standardize protocols with guidance from PIs.
- Operate complex equipment and related computer programs.
- Maintain equipment by performing assigned maintenance activities; troubleshoot unexpected problems and/or report and request for maintenance.
- Maintain data analysis records on the Laboratory Information System (LIS) with close monitoring and control.
- Respond to any queries related to the laboratory in a professional manner.
- Ensure that stated safety policies, procedures and instructions are adhered to, and that the necessary records and checks are always maintained.
- Maintain inventory and own responsibility for proper handling of laboratory equipment, lab consumables, reagents and kits, and initiate purchasing requests, as necessary through the reporting manager.
- Provide academic support in all forms e.g.
- conduct literature surveys and write research projects for faculty
- participate in assessment programs
- conduct workshops, seminars, and conferences) whenever required
- train, assist and guide students during their research projects
- support the faculty in conducting practical laboratory sessions and ensure regular assistance to students during the session.
- Undertake relevant tasks as and when assigned by the Laboratory Manager and Project leads.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Biological Sciences (preferably Genetics).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in genetics, genomics and/or OMICS related research laboratories.
- Technical insight and hands-on experience with PCR techniques, DNA/RNA isolation methods and Next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in any of the above roles should submit their full detailed CV to email@example.com along with a cover letter indicating the specific role(s) they are applying for, and setting out their relevant experience, summary of previous research contributions and motivation to work at MBRU.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
Positions will remain open until filled.
To learn more about MBRU please visit (www.mbruniversity.ac.ae).
Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences
Dubai HealthCare City (Building # 14)