Staff Excellence Awards launched
The University has launched the first ever institutional all staff awards to celebrate and reward the outstanding work that goes on across Queen's.
The awards will also help to embed the Core Values which were developed earlier this year, following an extensive consultation exercise with staff and students.
Open to all staff, awards will be presented in six categories:
• Delivering Excellence
• Team of the Year
• Achieving Ambition
• Outstanding Leadership
• Community Impact
• Lifetime Achievement
The Staff Excellence Awards are in addition to existing award schemes at the University, such as Teaching, Green and Research Impact Awards but are different because:
• They are based on our Core Values;
• All staff are eligible in every category;
• Different ways of nomination – self, colleague, student;
• £1,000 prize per category;
• A Judging Panel, chaired by a member of Senate and including representatives of all categories of staff and the student body.
Nominations are now open, with a closing date of Friday 2 December 2016. Further information on how to nominate, deadlines and the Judging Panel is available on the Staff Excellence Awards website. Winners and shortlisted nominees will be invited to a celebratory event on Friday 3 February 2017.