Junior Leader Programme
Junior Leaders assist Activity Leaders and Team Leaders to plan and deliver the Summer Scheme 2017. This is an exciting opportunity for 15 - 17 year olds to learn new skills and contribute to the success of the Scheme they may have participated in for many years. This could prove to be the first step towards a very successful coaching / mentoring career.
The typical working day is 9.00am – 5.00pm and it is anticipated that Junior Leaders will be recruited for a full week(s).
Training will be provided before the Scheme begins and it is hoped that additional accredited opportunities will be available throughout the Scheme to gain coaching / mentoring qualifications.
- Applicants must be at least 15 years old on 3 July 2017
- Applicants must be available to attend training sessions. This year there are two courses available:
Saturday 17 June 2017 - 1.00pm to 5.00pm
Sunday 18 June 2017 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
Saturday 24 June 2017 - 1.00pm to 5.00pm
Sunday 25 June 2017 - 10.00am to 2.00pm
- Individuals should demonstrate evidence of an interest in coaching / leading activities in a range of sporting or non-sporting activities. Successful applicants are likely to participate regularly in extra-curricular activities and must demonstrate their enthusiasm in the application form to be involved as a Junior Leader
- A limited number of places are available and are allocated on the basis of the information provided. In the event of high demand, it may be necessary to undertake a brief informal interview with the Summer Scheme Staff
- Enrolment for the Junior Leader Programme will commence on Tuesday 2 May 2017
- The closing date for applications is 4.00pm on Sunday 14 May 2017
If successful, each Junior Leader is required to pay £40.00 in advance of the training in order to confirm their space. This fee covers tutor fees, accreditation and uniform.
How to Apply
Applications have closed as of Sunday 14 May 2017.