We are committed to offering parents up-to-date advice, information and support on the university application process and the opportunities available for your child at Queen’s.
HEAR FROM PARENTS
“Queen’s felt right for my daughter. Aesthetically, Queen’s is gorgeous; educationally, it’s a Russell Group, it’s well established, its historic and it has a great reputation.”
Liza Rossiter, parent from Isle of Man
HEAR FROM PARENTS
“I thought he would go away and he did have a couple of other universities on his UCAS form...his decision was to stay in Northern Ireland. Locally there is a reputation with Queen's, so there is a big attraction and a big pull to attend there.”
Paddy Robb, parent from Northern Ireland
We’re dedicated to helping students get the most from their time at Queen’s. We provide students with all the necessary advice and support needed to develop their skills, knowledge and confidence and to realise their dreams. Students coming to Queen’s can expect:
- Advice before arrival and a leading welcome and orientation programme designed to maximise university life.
- A guaranteed place in Queen’s accommodation with living options including our new city centre student apartments.
- A Residential Life programme which features events and pastoral care, 24/7 safety and security, as well as maintenance and cleaning support.
- Access to our Undergraduate Award 2021 worth over £2,500*
*Terms and conditions apply, please see our website for further details
We will provide students with:
- Support in making career decisions and developing employability through work-related learning and placement opportunities.
- Health, disability and emotional wellbeing support including counselling services.
- Access to the Student Guidance Centre, a one-stop shop for information, advice and guidance throughout their time at Queen’s.
- World-class teaching and study support including allocation of a personal tutor.
- A £700 million investment in our teaching facilities transforming our historic campus into an innovative learning environment.
- An active Students’ Union with volunteering opportunities, enterprise programmes and competitions, funding for new business start-ups and access to over 200 clubs and societies.
At Queen’s, we offer students so much more than a degree, from bespoke careers guidance, work placements and global opportunities to international workplace study tours and internship programmes. We equip our students with the skills and confidence they need to succeed in their chosen field. Discover the professional development opportunities we offer.
- Our employer-sponsored skills award, Degree Plus, allows students to gain accreditation for personal development and work-related activities they undertake outside their degree.
- Our specialists Employer Engagement team works to communicate the value of our students to potential employers around the world through our pioneering workplace study tours to Brussels, London, Asia and the USA.
- Our internship programmes and alumni mentoring schemes connect our students with high-level employers around the world.
- Students also have the opportunity to travel overseas to study or gain work-related experience in Europe, or further afield in Australia, Canada, China, India, New Zealand or the USA.
- Work-related learning is integrated into our degree programmes, offering students hands-on industry experience valued by employers.
One of the UK’s most welcoming, vibrant and affordable student cities, Belfast has the lowest student rent in the UK (NatWest Student Living Index 2019).
Although Belfast is a major capital city, it boasts the friendliness of a small town, making it the perfect destination for students living and studying away from home for the first time.
Street crime and burglary rates in Belfast are much lower than in comparable European or American cities and Belfast has also been named the safest region in the UK (British Crime Surveys, 2015/16).
We know that living away from home for the first time is a big step, so to make the transition easier, students from other parts of the UK and internationally are guaranteed a place in our high-quality accommodation.
We currently have 3,485 places spread over three sites, including two brand new city centre locations, and the range of living options includes private studios and two-to six bedroom apartments with en suite rooms.
They provide a safe, secure place to live, with 24/7 security and reception staff, and a residential support team, and all located just 15 minutes walk from Queen’s.
As a member of the Russell Group, Queen’s is recognised as one of the UK’s 24 leading research-intensive universities, and ranked 8th in the UK for research intensity. (REF 2014).
Our researchers are addressing many Global Challenges, tackling the problems facing society, such as Health, Food, Conflict and Technology and we provide world class facilities in which they can carry out their ambitious work.
Queen’s is ranked 200 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021), and as the UK’s 9th oldest University, our history is rich with brilliant leaders, inspiring thinkers and incredible global achievers.