Skip to Content


Students under archway
Withdrawals / Leave of Absences

Any student may, on a voluntary or required basis, withdraw either permanently or temporarily from the University or programme of study at any point in the year.

Important Information
  1. Withdrawal/Leave of Absence requests should only be formally completed after concluding appropriate support mechanisms and/or discussions between the student and relevant staff.
  2. Schools are required to complete a separate Withdrawal/Leave of Absence request form for each programme of study the student is to be withdrawn from.
  3. Where relevant, the Graduate School awards team and Student Support Office will receive an email alert following the initial processing of the withdrawal request, the School should notify these offices of any subsequent changes to the original request.
  4. Required withdrawals will not be actioned until the time allowed for appeals has lapsed.
  5. Schools are required to update Qsis by adding a RLOA (Return from Leave of Absence) when the student returns, and notify PGR Records.
  6. The Student Support Office should be notified of all international student withdrawals before the SharePoint form is submitted.
How do I perform this task?

Please note there are TWO Withdrawal/Leave of Absence request forms available via SharePoint, one applies to all UG/PGT withdrawals and the other to all PGR withdrawals.

UG/PGT student withdrawals
PGR student withdrawals