Welcome to the Information Service Website. I am responsible for all the IT and Library Services within Queen’s.
Information Services provides the digital campus and Library Resources to support teaching, research and innovation for all the University's students, staff and visitors. Our primary objective is to provide the highest quality user-facing services and associated enabling functions.
The team is based in the McClay Library and is organised into four main areas
- Library Services
- IT Systems and Services
- Learning and Teaching Support
- Administration Support
Information Services Assistant Directors
The Learning and Teaching Support Division provides a diverse range of Services to the University including:
- Queen's Online Enterprise Portal, providing access to core Business Services (document management, collaboration, reporting, paper-free meetings etc.).
- Support for the Learning and Teaching environments used across the University (VLE, Questionmark, TurningPoint etc.).
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for student recruitment and business users.
- Content Management System (CMS) for the creation, editing and publishing of enterprise websites.
- Media Production (including digital and video production, webinars etc.) for teaching, research, promotion and administration.
- Centrally Booked Teaching Room design and support, together with the support of video conferencing facilities.
- ICT Related Training Courses and Consultancy delivering staff training in a wide range of applications.
- Access to Language Courses (generic and tailored), in person and online.
Library Services is responsible for the delivery of a range of services from the McClay Library and several other locations across the campus.
Library staff also provide induction, subject support and user training to all of the Library’s user groups.
Special Collections provides access to books, maps, photographs and manuscripts from the twelfth century on which are considered of lasting research value.
The Division is also responsible for delivery of contract-based Library services to HSC personnel and to the Agri-Food & Biosciences Institute.
Administration Support is responsible for the delivery of the support and development service for the University’s key business systems. Working in close collaboration with colleagues in Professional Services and other areas of the University, we ensure the underlying IT systems that help deliver essential business functions are in place and operating to the required standards. The Division also manages the provision of the University’s central High Performance Computing system and the University SmartCard.Email Mr David Smyth
ITS&S is responsible for the delivery of all core infrastructure including the two Data Centres, Networking (LAN and WAN), Server (inc Virtualisation) support, Security, and Business Continuity Services. We also deliver desktop computing support to both staff and students, including support of over 1,400 SCC machines. Prior to QUB, I held similar roles for a private sector IT Company (Northgate) and Bombardier within the CAD/CAM area.Email Jim Cunningham