Utrecht Summer School
Queen's Global Opportunities offer up to £1,400 in funding for 20-30 Undergraduate students to complete a Utrecht Summer School Course in the Netherlands. (Students from a Widening participation background can also avail of a further £150 funding towards the travel costs)
EligibilityType of Placement
StudyLevel of Study
1-4 weeksDuration - More Information
Courses are typically 1-2 weeks in durationApplication Open Date
Semester 2 (Feb)Application Close Date
In order to apply, the following criteria must be met:
1. You must:
•be a current degree registered undergraduate student of the University at the point of the programme application; (Including final year students and integrated Masters degrees e.g. MSci or MEng)
• if you are a final-year student you must commence the summer school course opportunity no later than 3 months after your graduation date. You are also required to purchase your own travel and medical insurance.
•complete an application form highlighting why you are interested in a particular course, what you hope gain from it and approx. costs for the course (split by fee, accommodation, travel)
•Ensure you meet the travel entry requirements set out by the Government of the Netherlands
•check the visa requirements for the Netherlands. It is the students responsibility to ensure they meet these requirements.
2. You are not eligible if you:
•received funding for a Utrecht summer school course last year
• have previously received a Global Opportunities International Travel Scholarship;
• have previously received funding from Global Opportunities or the British Council for an international or UK-based work, study or volunteering programme (e.g. Study China, Study USA, Erasmus/ Turing, IAESTE, Generation UK, Queen’s Workplace Study Tours, Queen’s Global Leadership Programme, New York Career Development Programme, FRS Boston Programme);
• have already accepted a place for the next academic year (2022/23) on the following programmes: Study USA, Erasmus/ Turing and the University Exchange Programme to Canada or Australia;
How to Apply
Application details will be posted on MyFuture in Semester 2 (Feb)Contacts
Queen's Global Opportunities
Further InformationDoes it Cost?
Queen's Global Opportunities are offering up to £1,400 in funding for course and accommodation costs.
Students from a Widening participation background can also avail of a further £150 funding towards the travel costs)
The funding will not cover all of your costs and we ask that you consider this when making your decision to apply.
Please note, an offer of funding does not guarantee a place on the course, on being offered funding students will be asked to apply directly to their chosen course using the Utrecht Summer School website. Each of the summer school courses have different application deadlines, start dates and entry requirements set by Utrecht Summer School.