Northern Ireland Clinical Research Facility
About the NICRF
Welcome to the Wellcome Trust-Wolfson Northern Ireland Clinical Research Facility (NICRF) website.
The NICRF was established in 2013 with funding from the Wellcome Trust and Wolfson Foundation to provide state-of-the-art facilities to support clinical research. The NICRF is a joint venture with Queen's University, Ulster University, Public Health Agency, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
As you will be aware the current pandemic has had a dramatic effect across all our activities, changing the way we work, preventing some activities and encouraging new approaches to what we do. The infrastructure and environment of the NICRF will be different. Please be assured that your safety and comfort is our main priority. We are happy to answer any queries you have regarding your research visit and assure you we are following all Government advice and guidelines.
If you think you have COVID-19 follow PHA Advice as below:
If you have:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature); OR
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual); OR
- a loss of or change in sense of smell or taste.
Everyone in your house must stay at home.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you'll need to stay at home for at least 7 days;
- if you live with someone who has symptoms, you'll need to stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person in the home started having symptoms;
Further information and guidance can be found on the PHA website.
Research teams will be in touch with you prior to your study/appointment to check that you do not have symptoms – this is important to ensure the safety and comfort of everyone in our NICRF.
For more information:
Support the COVID Rehabilitation Fund
23 April 2020
Job Opportunity, NICRF: Band 6, BHSCT post
2 January 2020
Happy New Year from NICRF
2 January 2020
Welcome to the first participants of the VR_LV Study, November 2018
11 December 2018