Staff and PhD Research
New perspectives on translation and interpreting
CTI staff, doctoral researchers and visiting scholars are conducting innovative research in a wide range of topics in translation and interpreting. Areas currently being researched at CTI include:
- Literary translation
- Translation ethics
- Theatre translation
- Translation and the media
- Translation of sacred texts
- Translation in online contexts
- Public Service interpreting
- Court and legal interpreting
- Translator and interpreter training
- Sign language interpreting
- Media accessibility
See our people page for more details on individual researchers’ areas of focus.
We hold research seminars with guest speakers every Monday evening during term time and our PhD students meet every Thursday at the Translation and Interpreting Forum to discuss and present their ongoing research.
For more information on being a visiting scholar see our visiting scholar page.