This section contains important information on the application process for the Study Abroad Programme at Queen's University Belfast.
The general entry requirement is a Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0, or equivalent. Applicants should normally have completed at least one year of university study at the time of application.
Applicants do not need to provide evidence of English language proficiency if:
- they are applying to come to Queen’s for a Study Abroad programme as part of a degree course at a university in: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America;
- and the normal language of instruction at their home university is English;
- and they have already completed one year of study at their home university at the time of application to Queen’s;
- and they have achieved a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
All other applicants must provide evidence of English language proficiency of IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 (depending on subject area) with a minimum of 5.5 in all four elements of the test, or an equivalent qualification acceptable to Queen’s.
Please follow the link below to submit your online application. There is no application fee for the Study Abroad programme.
- Semester 1 (Autumn/Fall) or Full Academic Year: 31 May
- Semester 2 (Spring): 21 October
Late applications may be considered.
For information on courses available at Queen's University Belfast, please refer to the Choose a Course section.
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
Global Opportunities Team
Careers, Employability and Skills
Queen's University Belfast
BELFAST BT7 1NN
Northern Ireland, UK
Tel: +44-28-9097 5255
**Applications for Spring 2023 are now open**
EU nationals may apply to attend Queen's for one or two semesters under the Erasmus programme. Queen's admits Erasmus students from universities with which it has a bilateral exchange agreement. See the Erasmus Programme section of this website for further information.
If your home institution does not have an Erasmus agreement with Queen's and you wish to attend for one or two semesters, you may apply to attend as a Credit-Earning Non-Graduating (CENG) student. For further guidance on submitting an application as a CENG student, please contact the Admissions Office.