Skip to Content

Research Degree Programmes

Students may appeal to the Faculty Student Research Appeals Committee (FSRAC) against:

(i) A decision of their School Postgraduate Research Committee about progression, assessment and/or award; or

(ii) An examiners’ decision regarding the outcome of an oral examination.

If the appeal is unsuccessful students have the right to appeal this decision to the Central Student Research Appeals Committee (CSRAC).

It should be noted that neither the FSRAC nor the CSRAC can make academic judgements; neither the FSRAC nor the CSRAC has the authority to alter assessment decisions.

Postgraduate research students wishing to submit an appeal, should use the appropriate forms linked below, consulting the Academic Appeal Regulations (Research Degree Programmes) Students are also referred to the General Provisions Relating to Academic Appeals, Conduct, Academic Offences and Student Complaints, which should be read alongside these regulations.