Digital Learning Designer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aidan joined the VLE team in the Centre for Educational Development as a Digital Learning Designer in December 2022.
Aidan has previously worked as a Creative Media Trainer at the Nerve Centre. He has previously worked in various capacities across Queen’s including at the Learning Development Service, where he provided academic skills support and developed media content. Aidan also has a PhD in Music from and is an active composer and sound artist.
Responsibilities within the University
- Providing specialist, professional advice and support to academic and teaching staff on teaching, learning and assessment, with a particular focus on digital learning and technology-enhanced learning
- Contributing to the design, delivery and evaluation of a range of synchronous and asynchronous staff development training activities
- Co-creating engaging learning activities and compelling module content,
- Applying design principles and best practice in the production and development of scripts and storyboards for interactions, animations and other types of rich multimedia assets.
Professional and Personal Interests
Aidan has a keen interest in music and sound production and can often be found outside making field recordings of environmental sounds. Aidan has also had the opportunity to travel extensively to various parts of the world and is an avid language learner.