What is new or current in Higher Education?
Find a selection of information below on key topics and concerns in Higher Education.
- Combatting Essay Mills (QAA Blog) - Want to find out more about to combat essay mills? Read this blog by the Quality Assurance Agency.
- Modes of Learning in Higher Education - Are you interested in dicphering the different modes of learning in HE? This resource by Sue Beckingham (Edge Hill University) provides a set of clear definitions, including what hyflex means.
- Internationalising the Curriculum - Find out what it is and explore some case studies from staff within Queen's.
- Principles of Good Assessment and Feedback - This recently published guide by Jisc (March 2022) shows how good learning, teaching and assessment can be applied to improve assessment and feedback practice.
Other Useful Information:
Curriculum development facilitates the delivery of high quality programmes that are informed by, and meet the changing needs of students, the wider community and the global economy. Guidance is available to course teams and module co-ordinators on a wide range of topics including those listed below:
- Support available for new academics/teaching assistants provided by CED (QUB Intranet)
- Student Evaluation of Teaching
- Active and Interactive Learning
- Linking research and teaching
- Computer Assisted Assessment
- Personal Response System
- Supporting Student Progression and Retention