What is an Academy Fellow?
- Our Academy Fellows are researchers from across all three Faculties, who are developing their own independent research projects and broader research vision. They are a diverse and unique group who are at the cutting edge of their research areas. Alongside developing in their own areas, as members of the Fellowship Academy they are supported and encouraged to grow as leaders in Queen’s.
- Researchers are invited to join the Fellowship Academy as they successful apply for Fellowships, such as the Queen’s Illuminate Scheme and external independent Fellowships, e.g. UKRI Future Leader Fellowships, MSCA Fellowships etc.
- The one criteria for joining the Academy is that the external Fellowships should be for at least 2 years in duration. Staff in each of these categories who are eligible will be contacted and invited to participate in Queen’s Fellowship Academy activities.
- What support is available?
Members of the Queen’s Fellowship Academy can access a range of learning and development activities and resources that focus on the Academy Pillars of:
- Research and Funding
- Leadership and Development
- Networking and Impact
- Academic Citizenship
- Impact and Engagement
Support is available from a number of university departments and also through online learning and development resources.
Mentoring and Sponsorship
Academy Fellows have access to academic colleagues and senior leaders to sponsor, mentor and support development.
Ensuring Fellows have access to appropriate mentoring options is important to development and integration at Queen’s. People & Culture will consult with Fellows to ensure they have access to appropriate mentors. Schools are responsible for appointing appropriate mentors and, in addition, institutional sponsors will be available to Fellows. These sponsors will be senior managers who can provide Fellows with support and access to wider internal and external networks to offer support and guidance in developing Fellows’ leadership knowledge.
Additional leadership programmes will be available to Fellows who wish to undertake more structured development.