Please note that due to holiday closure over the Christmas period, application processing times may vary.
Applications made between 4pm Friday 15th December 2023 and Tuesday 2nd January 2024 will be dealt with as soon as possible when the Associate Membership Office re-opens on Tuesday 2nd January 2024
To apply for Associate Membership of the library, please complete the online application form below.
- Associate Membership is available on a renewable annual subscription basis
- The membership year starts from the date of application and members will receive notification from the Associate Membership team when their membership is due for renewal
- Associate Members must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Northern Ireland.
Library Services included
- Borrowing from the unrestricted collections (does not include borrowing of short-loan materials)
- Online management of renewals, loans, fines/charges through Queen's Online (QOL)
- Printing and copying using your library smart card (fees apply)
- On campus access to a limited selection of electronic resources including ebooks (licence dependent). Library electronic resources may only be used for private and non-commercial research. There is no off campus access to electronic resources.
- Access to QUB WiFi
- Inter Library Loans (fee applicable for each ILL, payable on receipt of the item). Please note: fee will increase to £15 per item from 01/11/2021
- We we do not supply ILLs for commercial purposes
Associate Personal Membership
Those using the library for educational and research purposes.
- QUB Graduates £69
- Recent QUB Graduates £54 (graduated from QUB within the last 6 months)
- All other personal associates £120
- Academics or students who have been displaced by conflict in their home country and sought sanctuary in Northern Ireland - Free (6 month one-off membership)
Associate Corporate Membership
Those using the library for research in connection with their profession or business. Corporate associate cards can be used by a named authorised employee of the member organisation.
- Full rate £210
- Charities £105