An information session on Substance Use
The Student Wellbeing Service is partnering with Inspire Wellbeing to run a session on Substance Use, looking at drugs and alcohol.
The session will cover:
- What is a Drug?
- What are the top 6 substances used in NI
- Alcohol Guidelines/ Unit information
- The effects of stereotyping/labelling in Addiction
- Dangers of withdrawal/ how to detox safely
- Covid specific addiction advice
- Spotting poor mental health and Tips on improving our mood
- Homelessness and Addiction- stats/causes
- Addiction in relation to Life transitions- life impacts/biopsychosocial model
- How to engage someone we have concerns about
- Appropriate signposting and referral information
This event is open to all Queen's students.
Register at: http://go.qub.ac.uk/Keeping-the-Score
|Name||Student Wellbeing Service|