The purpose of the Clinical Committee is to facilitate the conduct of the study to high clinical and research standards. There is representation on this Committee from Queen’s University Belfast (Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology), Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, and the Northern Ireland Cancer Trials Centre.
The objectives of this Committee are:
- To provide a forum for communication across clinical and research personnel in HaBio
- To monitor and review:
- Compliance with research governance
- Effectiveness of study processes and procedures (clinical / clinical research lab / study)
- Achievement of recruitment targets
- Quality assurance at recruiting sites
- Determine action points to facilitate successful study conduct to clinical and research standards, and monitor progress
Ms Ruth Boyd, Cancer Research UK Senior Nurse chairs this committee which meets regularly, as dictated by the needs of the study. This Committee discusses the day-to-day running of the trial.