Arriving in Belfast
We're looking forward to welcoming you to Queen's University Belfast in September 2023.
We will be providing a welcome at Belfast City Airport on key dates in September 2023 for our new international students.
Below is some guidance for airport arrivals and getting to your accommodation if you are coming to Queen's before then.
New International Students Airport Welcome
The University has scheduled set meet and greet days to welcome you to Belfast and get your student journey off to a good start. Student Ambassadors will greet you at George Best Belfast City Airport on the following dates in September:
- Saturday 9 September (9am to 9pm)
- Sunday 10 September (9am to 9pm)
- Monday 11 September (9am to 9pm)
- Tuesday 12 September (9am to 9pm)
- Saturday 16 September (9am to 9pm)
- Sunday 17 September (9am to 9pm)
*Click here for the registration portal .
The approximate cost of a taxi to Belfast City Centre with one of our approved taxi providers are as follows:
- Approximately £15.00 (including a £2 surcharge) from Belfast City Airport
- Approximately between £35.00 and £45.00 from Belfast International Airport
The approximate costs for Public Transport options are as follows:
- Approximately £8.00 for the bus
- Approximately £10.00 for the train
Frequently Asked Questions
Packing and Arrival Guides
Packing to live and study in another country can be an exciting and scary time so our students have put together this useful guide for you:
You should also read UKCISA's blog for students which is full of tips and essential information on packing, your arrival at the airport, and planning your onward journey: