QUB Teaching Awards 2021
The Teaching Awards scheme was established to encourage and reward the development of learning and teaching practices and learning support practices that have led to particularly effective/worthwhile learning. The Teaching Awards Scheme is a competitive process and normally up to 10 Teaching Awards are available. A prize of £1000 will be awarded to each successful individual or team. The prize will be paid into a dedicated School account for the exclusive use of the winning team or individual for professional development purposes.
The QUB Teaching Awards 2021 scheme is now open and the application forms and Notes for Guidance are provided below. This year, the Teaching Awards panel will also be happy to receive applications demonstrating how colleagues have adapted their approach in response to the Covid-19 restrictions to ensure an excellent learning and/or learning support experience for their students throughout 2019/20 and 2020/21, as well as any plans to continue and develop aspects of this work for the future.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5 pm on Monday 9 August 2021. Further information is provided in the Guidance for Applicants 2021.
Please contact Liz McDowell with any queries about the QUB Teaching Awards scheme.
Teaching Awards Briefing Session
A Teaching Awards Briefing Session was held on Wednesday 12 May 2021 at 2 pm via Teams. This session provided information on the application process and guidance on the type of information that an applicant might include in their application. The presentation slides are provided here.
1. Rising Stars (Open to individual academic and learning support colleagues teaching/supporting learning for fewer than nine years)
2. Sustained Excellence Category (Open to individual academic and learning support colleagues teaching or supporting learning 9 years and over)
3. Impact Award (This category is open to individual colleagues who have been teaching/supporting learning within higher education for a substantial period of time. Applicants in this category will be expected to demonstrate how their work has had national/international impact within their discipline/area of work.)
4. Excellence in Teaching or Learning Support by a Team (Open to teams of academic and learning support colleagues.)
5. Student-nominated category The student-nominated category is promoted to students by the Students' Union. Students should contact the VP Education at email@example.com for details. Nominated teachers will be sent an application form and further details via email.
Samples of successful applications from previous years are available to view.