Developing ICT Skills
To develop your ICT digital and technical skills, please take the opportunity to explore the range of resources and courses below.
These three resources will help you with key aspects of online content that you should be proficient in – Word Processing, Presentations and Spreadsheets.
- How to Master Microsoft Word – This blog post from LifeHacker takes you through formatting documents, from the basics to more advanced features.
- How to Create Great PowerPoint Presentations (With Top 2020 Examples) – Following these steps will take you from having a basic understanding of PowerPoint to being proficient when creating presentations.
- 7 Tips to Improve Your Basic Microsoft Excel Skills – Some basic tips to enhance your spreadsheets. If you want a more comprehensive guide to using spreadsheets, see our online courses below.
- Five ways to distraction-proof your mind – This short video from BBC Ideas will give you a different perspective on distraction and what causes it.
- Microsoft Training – Microsoft have released some helpful training on good habits to get into and looks at how to work more productively when using Office 365.
- Office 365 Training at Queen's - This is where to go for all you need to know about the use of O365.
- ECDL at Queen's - Find advice for students to undertake this internationally recognised qualification and explore opportunities to do the Advanced level.
- Online Basics – This course on the basics of life online is from LearnMyWay, a website that is dedicated to helping you develop digital skills to make the most of the online world.
- Diploma of Higher Education in Computing and IT - Why not consider undertaking this flexible diploma at the Open University, it could advance your ICT skills and enhance your employibility.